This article is the fourth part of our self-learn series. The initial setups in Finance should be performed after completing the initial setups in Admissions. Once the initial setups in Finance is completed, kindly read Self-Learn Academic.
Finance is a module available for Sqayy CMS users upon subscription. The finances module allows user to generate bills, record payments, send invoice reminders, record refunds, generate ageing reports, allow students to print receipt and more.
User would no longer have to keep student and applicant information in a spreadsheet. This demolishes the practice of having different list of students according to departments. All departments will have the same list of students and applicants. Finance staff will not have to worry about generating bills to students that are not Active as system will auto generate bills only to Active students.
As a part of the self-learn series, this article will explain how finance staff can perform their daily tasks by using Sqayy CMS. This article also provides readers with an initial setup checklist that must be performed before finance module can be utilised.
Daily tasks refers to processes that must be performed by finance staff on a daily basis. Take note that the tasks in this article do not necessarily match the SOP of a campus.
As a finance staff, they are responsible to manage bills, payments and invoice reminders. The list of tasks are like so:
- Manually bill a student - Finance staff can perform manual billing through profile. This is done one-by-one. Click the link to find out more.
- Manually bill multiple students at once - Finance staff can manually bill multiple students at once. This can only be performed for registered students. Click the link to find out more.
- Record payments made by students into the system - Payments can be recorded into the system. Click the link to find out more.
- Fill in student’s bank account no - Finance staff can keep track of student's bank account no. This is useful when receiving mandate files from sponsors.
- Record multiple student payments at once - Click the link to find out more.
- Cancel student bill - Click the link to find out more.
- Adjust student’s existing bill - Click the link to find out more.
- Record student refunds into the system - Click the link to find out more.
- Cancel student payment - Click the link to find out more.
- Change a student’s fee structure - Click the link to find out more.
Initial Setups Checklist
In Sqayy CMS, a single module such as Finance is dependent on how other modules were configured. This means that the settings in General, Academic, Admissions and etc are related to how well the finance module can function. As an integrated system, user needs to perform initial setups that are not in Settings > Finance before finance module can be rolled out.
Refer to the table below for the initial setups that must be completed in the correct sequence before user can proceed with using finance module.
|Settings > Academic||Faculty|
|Settings > General||System Preference|
Settings > Academic
|Settings > Finance||General|
|Academic Session Billing Date|
|Chart of Accounts|