This article is the sixth part of our self-learn series. This article explains how exam staff can perform their daily tasks by using Sqayy CMS and provides readers with an initial setup checklist that must be performed before exam module can be utilised. The initial setups in Exam should be performed after completing the initial setups in Academic. Once the initial setups in Exam is completed, kindly read Self-Learn Learning.
Exam is a module available for Sqayy CMS users upon subscription. The exam module allows user to publish exam slip, publish exam result, publish exam schedule and generate index no.
User would no longer have to keep student information in a spreadsheet. This demolishes the practice of having different list of students according to departments. All departments will have the same list of students. Exam staff will not have to worry whether the student list is up-to-date as all students records are synced.
The exam module is closely related to barring feature found in Settings > General. If a student does not meet certain conditions, such as exceeding minimum outstanding, system will automatically block students from viewing exam slips and exam results.
Daily tasks refers to processes that must be performed by exam staff on a daily basis. Take note that the tasks in this article do not necessarily match the SOP of a campus.
As an exam staff, user is responsible to manage exam results, manage exam slips and manage exam schedules. Exam unit is also responsible to generate exam index no if management enables the feature. Academic staff such as lecturers, are responsible to key in exam results and student attendance for exams. The list of tasks are like so:
- Create exam schedule - Exam unit can create exam schedules. System will check for clashing of invigilators and venue. Meaning to say, it is not possible for users to slot invigilators to oversee exams conducted at the same time. The same logic applies to venue
- Generate exam index no - User can generate exam index no. Key in prefix such as DIT1804 and the system will generate the running number. For example, DIT180401 where '01' is the running number white 'DIT1804' is the prefix
- Publish exam slip - User no longer needs to fill in exam slips for each students as the system automatically generate exam slips based on student information that is stored in the system. Once published, students can view and print their exam slips from student portal. System can also automatically bar students from viewing their exam slips in student portal
- Record exam results - Lecturers need to key in examination marks
- Record exam attendance - Lecturers can key in student exam attendance
- Publish exam results - Exam unit can publish exam results for students to view in student portal
Initial Setups Checklist
In Sqayy CMS, a single module such as Exam is dependent on how other modules were configured. This means that the settings in General, Finance, Academic and etc are related to how well the exam module can function. As an integrated system, user needs to perform initial setups that are not in Settings > Exam before exam module can be rolled out.
Refer to the table below for the initial setups that must be completed in the correct sequence before user can proceed with using exam module:
|Settings > Academic||Faculty|
|Settings > General||System Preference|
|Settings > Admissions||Document Types|
|Settings > Academic||General|
|Academic Status Rules|
|Credit Hour Completed|
|Settings > Finance||General|
|Academic Session Billing Date|
|Chart of Accounts|
|Settings > Facilities||Facility Type|
|Settings > Exam||General|
|Exam Reminder Slip|